A family joining visa is granted to the wife / husband of the foreigner, who is resident in Oman, and also to his children who are below 28 years. It is also granted to a foreign wife of an Omani national at his request, and subject to a certificate from the authority concerned confirming the status of the marriage.
The family visa is granted by the Directorate General of Passports and Residence at its discretion, at the request of a local sponsor and on his responsibility, to the relatives of a foreigner who are not included in the categories eligible for Family Joining Visa.
It is valid for staying in the country for two years from the date of entry or the date it is stamped in the passport.
It can be used for entry within six months from the date of issuance.
Who can request this service
What documents are needed to process
- A visa application form typed, approved and stamped by the sponsor.
1. For Arabs holding passports issued in Arab countries the visa application form must be filled out in Arabic.
2. For Non-Arabs holding passports issued in non-Arab countries the visa application form must be filled out in English.
- Two photographs (4 x 6) cm.
- A copy of the passport of the foreigner who is resident in Oman and who wants his family to join him, and a copy of the labour card, or a copy of the ID card if the Omani national wants his family to join him.
- The standard undertaking form specified for the family joining visa applications. The undertaking form must be co-signed by the sponsor and the expatriate.
- Unless the names and passport details indicate the relationship between the foreigner who is resident in the country and the person who will join him, proof of their relationship must be attached.
- A marriage certificate authenticated by the Embassy of the wife of the expatriate and attested by the Omani Ministry of Foreign Affairs should be submitted.
- A copy of the specimen signature of the authorized signatories issued by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry. In the case of individual sponsors, a copy of the sponsor’s identity card must be attached in order to attest the signature.
- A medical fitness certificate issued is required for foreigners who have reached 15 years and who are coming from certain countries.
- The application should be submitted by the sponsor in person, or the authorized representative in the case of companies.
- If the family joining visa is requested for a foreign wife of an Omani national, a certificate from the Ministry of Interior confirming the status of the marriage must be presented.