It is granted to the relatives or friends of an Omani national at his request and under his sponsorship. It is also granted to the relatives of a foreigner who is resident in Oman at the request of and on the responsibility of his sponsor.
This visa can be used within six months from the date of issuance.
It is a single-entry visa valid for staying in the country for three months from the date of entry.
This period is extendable once for one month only.
Who can request this service
What documents are needed to process
- A visa application form typed, approved and stamped by the sponsor.
- Two photographs (4 x 6) cm.
- A copy of the foreigner’s passport, which must be valid for three months at least.
- A copy of the specimen signature of the authorized signatories. In case of individual sponsors, a copy of the sponsor’s identity card must be attached.
- A copy of the expatriate’s identity card who is being visited should be attached to ensure correct information.
- A letter of undertaking in which the sponsor declares that he shall be responsible for the visitor during his visit to Oman, and must mention his relationship with that visitor.
1. For Arabs holding passports issued in Arab countries the visa application form must be filled out in Arabic.
2. For Non-Arabs holding passports issued in non-Arab countries the visa application form must be filled out in English.