This type of visa is issued to foreigners who are interested in visiting or residing in Oman under the sponsorship of private sector organisations or individuals.
Who can request this service
Steps to follow to request the service
A. Process Steps:
1. Receiving the application:
The Visa helpdesk officer at the Passport Departments in all Governorates receives the application from the beneficiary of this service or his authorized representative.
2. Approving the application:
The authorized signatory officer approves the application and works on getting the administrative approval.
3. Saving the application:
The application approved by the authorized officer is saved in the computer.
4. Auditing the application:
The competent officer cross checks the saved details and compares those details with the existing ones, if any.
5. Issuance of visa:
After getting the administrative and security approval, the visa is issued and delivered to the sponsor or his authorized representative.
What documents are needed to process
- The Visa application form should be typed in Arabic if the applicant is an Arab National, and it should be typed in English if the applicant is a foreigner.
- Two passport photographs (4 x 6) cm.
- A copy of the passport for the expatriate valid at least 6 months.
- Ministry of Manpower work permit must be attached to the application.
- Where the application is submitted to the Directorate General of Passports and Residence (DGPR) by a representative and not by the sponsor in person, the representative must be an Omani national holding an authorization in writing from the sponsor and approved by the DGRP.
- A medical fitness certificate authenticated by the Ministry of Health. This is required from foreigners who are coming from certain countries specified by the competent authorities.
- A copy of the letter addressed to Ministry of Manpower requesting their approval to outsource the named person, his profession, etc. should be attached.
- Where the foreigner had previously worked in Oman under a public or private sponsorship, a release letter from the former sponsor authenticated by Ministry of Manpower should be enclosed to the application.