Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) visa – Australia Visa: How to apply and obtain, Procedure, Documents required?

What is a Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) visa?

The elderly parent of an established Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, or qualifying New Zealand citizen may stay in Australia temporarily with the help of this visa.


  • live in Australia for up to 2 years
  • In Australia, you can work and study (you will not receive government support)
  • enlist in the permanent Contributory Aged Parent (subclass 864) visa program.

Who are eligible?

  • You must be sponsored by a sponsor who qualifies.
  • In Australia, you must be old enough to qualify for the age pension.
  • You must be in good health if you and any family members apply for the visa together.
  • Sign the Australian values statement
  • If you owe money to the Australian government, you or any member of your family must have already paid it back or have made a written agreement to do so.
  • If you had a visa canceled or denied while you were in Australia, you might not be eligible for this visa.
  • The balance-of-family test must be satisfied. If: then you pass the family balance test.

Procedure to apply

  • The visa must be requested on paper. You must be present in Australia at the time the application is submitted and when we make our decision, but you cannot be in immigration clearance.
  • Complete Form 47PA Application for a parent to migrate to Australia (693KB PDF)
  • Applications for this visa cannot be submitted in person. Send your application to the Parent Visa Processing Center in Perth at the address listed on the form via mail or courier. With your application, be sure to include all necessary paperwork, payment verification, and relevant documentation.
  • When we get your application and supporting documentation, we will notify you. There are other things you should be aware of and may need to undertake.

How long you can stay?

  • This visa cannot be extended or reapplied for in order to extend your stay in Australia. Apply for a new type of visa.

What is the cost?

  • Costs for this visa start at AUD33,485. Each extra family member that applies with you will incur a fee.

What is the processing time?

  • Applications may be queued and have their limits set.

Document Required

  •  Proof of your identity
  • Your application must be sponsored by an eligible sponsor.
  • Obtaining a police certificate is necessary.
  • show evidence that you meet the requirements using documentation. The test-of-family.
  • partner document which includes identity documents, character documents, and documents about other relationships.
  • Provide 4 recent photos.


Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.