What is a Distinguished Talent visa?
This is a permanent visa for those who have a track record of extraordinary and outstanding success in a qualified field that is internationally recognized.
- You can stay in Australia permanently
- work and study in Australia
- enrol in Medicare, Australia’s universal health care system.
- Sponsor your relatives visit to Australia.
- travel to and from Australia for 5 years
- You can apply for Australian citizenship, if eligible.
- You must be either in or outside of Australia at the time you apply and when we grant this visa.
- have a track record of remarkable and excellent success in one of the following fields: profession, sport, the arts, academia, and research.
- have a national nominator in your field of expertise who is: an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident, an eligible New Zealand citizen, or an Australian organization.
- You must demonstrate that you would be able to obtain work or establish yourself independently in your field in Australia.
- If you are under the age of 18 or over the age of 55, you must be of extraordinary benefit to the Australian community when you apply.
- You do not need to have a specific visa to apply for this visa if you are outside of Australia at the time you apply. If, on the other hand, you are in Australia at the time you apply.
- You and any family members over the age of 16 who apply for a visa with you must meet our character requirements.
- Sign the Australian values statement.
Procedure to apply
- You must include evidence to back up your assertions in your application and demonstrate that you fit the visa requirements.
- Create an account or sign in to ImmiAccount.
- Make a payment.
- Attach the document.
- Take note of the transaction number (TRN).
How long you can stay?
- This is a long-term visa. It allows you to remain in Australia indefinitely. On the day we issue the visa, you become a permanent resident.
What is processing time?
- 25% of applications: 40 days
- 50% of applications: 57 Days
- 75% of applications: 4 Months
- 90% of applications: 7 Months
What is the cost?
- The main applicant must pay AUD4,305 for the visa.