Table of Contents
Procedure to apply for a Luxembourg passport
- the applicants can apply in person.
- Through MyGuichet.lu, the candidate must schedule an appointment. Without employing LuxTrust authentication, this is possible.
- All persons must be present at the appointment.
- A form is filled out and signed by applicants. A receipt for the application will be provided to the applicant.
- for further information check here.
- an identity document
- their old passport, if they still have it
- a police-established declaration of theft or loss in the event of loss or theft;
- a copy of the original receipt or the payment receipt for the fee
- if applicable, a picture shot by a professional photographer that complies with International Civil Aviation Organization criteria (ICAO).
Collection of passport
The following address is where passports should be picked up in person (or by a person authorized to pick up the passport):
Passport, Visa, and Legalisation Office (BPVL-MAEE)
6 Rue de l’Ancien Athénée,
When picking up the passport, the receipt from the passport application must be presented.
What is the processing time?
- In general, the regular procedure has a time limit of seven working days, while a fast-track procedure has a time limit of three working days.
What is the validity of a passport?
- 2 years for minors under 4 years of age
- 5 years for adults and minors over 4 years of age
What is the cost?
For 5 years is:
- EUR 50 under the standard procedure;
- EUR 150 under the fast-track procedure;
2 years (only for children under 4 years of age) is:
- EUR 30 under the standard procedure;
- EUR 90 under the fast-track procedure.
Type of Passport
- The biometric passport (which includes fingerprints) is a type of passport that allows the holder to travel internationally.
- The passport is only necessary to enter the country’s territory, which is the majority of foreign nations outside the European Union (EU). When this formality is necessary, entry and residence visas are attached to the passport in such foreign nations.
The benefit of a Luxembourg passport
- More than 187 nations throughout the globe are visa-free for holders of the Luxembourg passport. It is regarded as one of the world’s most potent passports by the Henley Passport Index.
Is the Luxembourg passport ranked as the most powerful passport in the world?
- The Guide Passport Ranking Index currently places the Luxembourg passport in fourth place. 190 nations are accessible without a visa thanks to it. Having a very high mobility score, it is one of the most sought-after passports worldwide.
How many countries you can travel to visa-free with Luxembourg passports?
- American Samoa
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Caribbean Netherlands
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- British Virgin Islands
- Cabo Verde
- Cayman Islands
- Cook Islands
- Costa Rica
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Falkland Islands
- Faroe Islands
- French Guiana
- French Polynesia
- French West Indies
- Hong Kong
- Marshall Islands
- New Caledonia
- New Zealand
- North Macedonia
- Northern Mariana Islands
- Puerto Rico
- San Marino
- São Tomé and Príncipe
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- Sri Lanka
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Martin
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Turks and Caicos Islands
- United States Virgin Islands
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Vatican City