Table of Contents
How to apply and obtain Marshall Islands Passport
- Passports are issued and processed only by the Office of the Attorney General of the Republic of the Marshall Islands. As a result, you must complete an application and mail it to the Office of the Attorney General in Majuro, Marshall Islands.
- Complete the Passport Application form.
- Pay the fees.
- Some passport offices may need you to book an interview or document verification appointment. If this is the case, make an appointment with the passport office or embassy.
- If you have an appointment, make sure to show up on the stated date and time. Bring any relevant documentation, including originals and any requested copies.
- You can contact below for a passport
Office of the Attorney General
P.O. Box 890
Majuro, Republic of the Marshall Islands 96960
Tel: (692) 625-3244/8245
Fax: (692) 625-5218
- 2 passport photos (2×2) on WHITE BACKGROUND. Please write the name of the applicant at the back of each photo.
- Provide a copy of your old passport
- Provide a copy of the I-94
- Make checks payable to the Secretary of Finance in the amount of the application. PLEASE DO NOT SEND MONEY.
- This implies you must be able to provide documentation proving your Marshallese citizenship.
- Be a citizen of the Republic of the Marshall Islands.
- Some countries have specific age requirements for passport applicants. Check the regulations to ensure you meet the age criteria.
- Some countries may have restrictions on holding multiple passports simultaneously. Make sure to check the laws of your current country of citizenship to verify any potential restrictions.
Cost of passport
- Infants and children under the age of 12 pay $50.00 (USD) for a 10-year passport.
- The cost for those aged 13 and over is $100.00 (USD).Passport valid for ten years
- RMI Passport with Extra Pages$150.00 (USD) for a passport valid for ten years.
- Determine whether your current Marshall Islands passport has expired or is about to expire. To avoid travel interruptions, begin the renewal process well in advance of the expiration date.
- Prepare the paperwork required for the renewal process. Your current/expired passport, a completed application form, and passport-sized pictures are usually required. If additional documents are required, check with the relevant authority or the nearest Marshall Islands embassy or consulate.
- A renewal application form can be obtained through the Marshall Islands government website or the nearest embassy or consulate. Fill out the form completely and supply all required information.
- Passport renewal is usually subject to a charge. Check with the relevant authority for the current fee and permissible payment options, and make sure you include the correct payment with your application.
- Once your renewal application is submitted, it will go through a processing period. The authorities will verify your documents and information.
- You will be notified to pick up your new passport once your passport renewal has been authorized and completed. To receive your renewed Marshall Islands passport, go to the passport office or embassy/consulate on the designated date and bring any relevant identification.