Procedure to apply for a Singapore passport?
A Singapore Passport can only be obtained by a Singaporean.
You can apply for a Singapore passport via the following modes:
- Submit an online application
- Submit an application in person at our office strictly by appointment only and book an appointment here
- Submit an application via post.
Online application submission
- Log in to our e-Service using your Singpass to complete the online application form.
- You can fill in the application and submit it.
In-person application / Application via post
- You can also apply for a passport in person at our office or by mail. Appointments are required for in-person passport applications. You can schedule an appointment here.
- Both modes of application require the same documents.
- You can download the form from here.
By Post or Deposit Box
- download the form.
Post your completed application form to:
Citizen Services Centre
10 Kallang Road, Level 2
- Application Form for New Singapore Passport Submitted Overseas, duly completed, signed, and dated.
- 2 photocopies of current passport
- 2 photocopies of your ID (front and back) OR your birth certificate OR your citizenship certificate (if the applicant is a citizen by descent or registration)
- 2 recent photographs that meet the specifications stated on Page 2 (Note No. 5) of the Application Form – Photographs that do not meet the requirements will result in a delay in the passport application’s processing.
- copies of the marriage certificate, two (for married female applicants who already have their married names included in their current passports and wish to continue including their married names in their new passports)
- 2 copies of a valid exit permit or exemption notice
- For further details check here.
Cost of the passport?
- If you apply online, there is a S$70 application fee. If you apply in person, a fee of S$80 or its equivalent in another currency is due.
If you apply in person or via post, the following fees are applicable:
- New Passport / Renewal – GBP46.00
In case your passport is Lost / Damaged Passport:
- First replacement – GBP29.00
- Second and subsequent replacement – GBP57.00
What is the processing time?
- After ICA receives the application, the processing time for a passport is roughly one to two weeks.
What is the validity?
- Singapore passports issued to citizens 16 and older will be valid for ten years starting on 1 October 2021.
- Passports issued to citizens under the age of 16 are valid for five years. For passports with a 5-year validity period, up to 9 months of the previous passport’s validity may be carried over to the new passport.
What are the benefits of a Singaporean Passport?
- Currently, the Singaporean passport holds the top spot.
- 195 nations are accessible without a visa.
- With almost the highest mobility score, it is therefore regarded as one of the most desirable passports in the world.
- Visa-free travel and visas on arrival are available to holders of Singaporean passports in countries like Brazil, the European Union, the United Kingdom, the United Arab Emirates, and the United States, enabling immediate travel around the world.
How many countries you can travel to visa-free with Singapore passports?
|Antigua and Barbuda||Latvia|
|Bosnia and Herzegovina||Micronesia|
|Cote d’Ivoire (Ivory Coast)||Palestinian Territories|
|El Salvador||Saint Kitts and Nevis|
|Ghana||St. Vincent and the Grenadines|
|Honduras||Trinidad and Tobago|