Table of Contents
How to apply and obtain Solomon Islands Passport?
- Obtain an approved application form from this website, attach relevant/required papers, and fill out the application form as needed.
- In person, submit the application form to the Immigration Office. Before the application form is submitted for evaluation, a passport photo, fingerprints, and signature will be taken electronically.
- Passport application form evaluation (Immigration Officer)
- Download the application form
- Submit your completed application form along with the required documents to the nearest Solomon Islands diplomatic mission or passport office. Ensure that you provide all the necessary documents and meet the requirements.
- In some cases, you may be required to attend an interview at the passport office or diplomatic mission. This is usually done to verify your identity or to clarify any information provided in the application.
- The processing time for a passport application can vary, but it typically takes several weeks. During this time, the passport office will review your application, conduct necessary checks, and issue your passport if everything is in order.
- Completed passport application form: This form can be obtained from the nearest Solomon Islands diplomatic mission or downloaded from their official website.
- Two recent passport-sized photographs: These should meet the specified requirements regarding size, background color, and other specifications. It’s best to check the guidelines provided by the passport office or diplomatic mission.
- Proof of Solomon Islands citizenship: This can be a birth certificate or a certificate of citizenship issued by the Solomon Islands government. It should prove that you are a citizen of the Solomon Islands.
- Proof of identity: Provide a valid national identification card or driver’s license that verifies your identity. This document should have your full name, date of birth, and a photograph.
- Previous Solomon Islands passports (if applicable): If you have any previous Solomon Islands passports, you may need to submit them as well. This helps establish your passport history.
- Additional supporting documents: Depending on your circumstances, the passport office or diplomatic mission may require additional documents. For example, if you have changed your name, you may need to provide legal documents supporting the name change.
Cost of passport
- cost of passport is NZD$310.00.
Renewal of passport
- Determine the expiration date of your current Solomon Islands passport. It’s advisable to start the renewal process well in advance of the expiration date to avoid any travel disruptions.
- Obtain a passport renewal application form from the nearest Solomon Islands diplomatic mission or download it from their official website. Fill out the form accurately and legibly. Ensure that you provide updated information if there have been any changes since your last passport application.
- Submit your completed application form along with the required documents to the nearest Solomon Islands diplomatic mission or passport office. Make sure to include your current passport as it will be canceled and returned to you once the renewal process is complete.
- Pay the necessary fees for passport renewal. The exact amount may vary, so it’s best to check with the passport office or diplomatic mission for the current fees and accepted payment methods.
- The processing time for a passport renewal can vary, but it typically takes several weeks. During this time, the passport office will review your application and issue your renewed passport if everything is in order.