Table of Contents
Procedure to apply and Obtain Tuvalu Passport
- Fill out the passport application form accurately and legibly. Provide all the required information, including personal details, contact information, and travel history.
- You can also check information online.
- Submit your completed application form and supporting documents to the Tuvalu Immigration Department or the nearest Tuvalu embassy or consulate. Ensure to inquire about the specific submission process, applicable fees, and whether an appointment is required.
- Pay the prescribed fees for passport application and processing. The fee structure may vary, so it’s best to confirm the current fees with the Tuvalu Immigration Department or the embassy/consulate.
- Once your application is submitted, it will undergo processing by the Tuvalu Immigration Department. This process may include verifying your documents, background checks, and printing your passport.
- If your application is approved, you will be notified when your passport is ready for collection. Follow the instructions to collect your passport from the Tuvalu Immigration Department, embassy, or consulate.
- Tuvalu passports are typically valid for a specific period, such as five years. If you need to renew your passport in the future, you must follow a similar process and submit a new application.
- Passport Application Form: Complete the official Tuvalu passport application form, which can be obtained from the Tuvalu Immigration Department or their official website. Fill out the form accurately and legibly, providing all the required information.
- Proof of Identity: Submit proof of your identity, such as a valid national identity card, previous passport, or any other official document that confirms your identity. The document should include your full name, date of birth, and recent photograph.
- Proof of Citizenship: Provide documents that establish your Tuvaluan citizenship. This may include a birth certificate or any other official document proving your citizenship in Tuvalu.
- Passport Photos: Include recent passport-sized photographs that meet the specifications outlined by the Tuvalu Immigration Department. Typically, you will need two identical color photographs with a white background.
- Supporting Documents: Additional documents may be required, depending on the specific circumstances of your application. For example, if you have changed your name, you may need to provide legal documentation such as a marriage or name change certificate.
- Fee Payment: Pay the prescribed fees for the passport application and processing. The fee amount may vary, so it’s advisable to check with the Tuvalu Immigration Department or the nearest Tuvalu embassy/consulate for the current fee schedule.
- Other Requirements: Depending on the Tuvalu Immigration Department’s regulations, you may be required to provide additional documents, such as a police clearance certificate or proof of residence.
Renewal of passport
- Complete the Application Form: Fill out the passport renewal application form accurately and legibly. Provide all the required information, including personal details, contact information, and any changes in your circumstances since your last passport application.
- Submit Application and Pay Fees: Submit your completed application form and supporting documents to the Tuvalu Immigration Department or the nearest Tuvalu embassy/consulate. Pay the applicable passport renewal fees per the fee schedule provided by the immigration authorities.
- Passport Processing: Once your application is submitted, it will undergo processing by the Tuvalu Immigration Department. This process may involve the verification of your documents and the printing of your renewed passport.
- Passport Collection: If your renewal application is approved, you will be notified when your renewed passport is ready for collection. Follow the instructions from the Tuvalu Immigration Department or the embassy/consulate to collect your new passport.
Cost of passport
- The cost of renewing a Tuvalu passport can vary depending on several factors, such as the type of passport, processing fees, and any additional services or expedited processing options chosen.