Table of Contents
How to apply and obtain USA passport for adult / children / new born in USA?
A passport is an essential document that allows individuals to travel internationally. It is a document that verifies the identity and citizenship of the holder. In the United States, passports are issued by the U.S. Department of State. This article provides information on how to apply for and obtain a U.S. passport for children, adults, and newborns.
To apply for a passport, you will need to provide the following documents:
Proof of U.S. citizenship: This can be a birth certificate, a certificate of citizenship, or a naturalization certificate.
Proof of identity: This can be a driver’s license, a state-issued ID, or a military ID.
Passport photo: You will need to provide a recent passport photo that meets the requirements set by the U.S. Department of State.
Application form: You will need to fill out Form DS-11 if you are applying for the first time or if your previous passport was issued when you were under 16 years old. If you are renewing your passport, you can fill out Form DS-82.
The following are the eligibility requirements for applying for a US passport for children, adults, and newborns:
- All children under age of 16 must apply for a passport in person with two parents or guardians using Form DS-11.
- Some documents, like a U.S. birth certificate, show both U.S. citizenship and parental relationships. These documents must be originals or certified copies.
- If one parent cannot appear in person, they must submit Form DS-5525 “Statement of Exigent/Special Family Circumstances”.
- If neither parent can appear in person, a third party may apply for the child’s passport with a Form DS-3053: “Statement of Consent” or a notarized statement from both parents giving that third party permission to apply for the child.
Procedure to apply and obtain USA passport for adult / children / new born in USA:
The following steps should be followed when applying for a USA passport.
- Fill out Form DS-11. The DS-11 passport form is used to apply for a U.S. passport book.
- The application fee for a U.S. passport using the DS-11 form is $145, and the execution fee is $35.
- Provide evidence of U.S. citizenship.
- Provide all the required documents, including proof of identity, and a passport photo.
- You will need to pay two separate fees – an application fee and an execution (acceptance) fee.
- You can submit your application in person at a passport acceptance facility or a regional passport agency. You will need to bring your application form, documents, and fees.
2023 Costs of USA passport for adult / children / new born:
The cost of a passport varies depending on the type of passport you are applying for. The following are the fees as of 2023:
- Adult Passport Book: $130 application fee + $35 execution fee
- Adult Passport Card: $30 application fee + $35 execution fee
- Adult Passport Book & Card: $160 application fee + $35 execution fee
- Child Passport Book: $100 application fee + $35 execution fee
- Child Passport Card: $15 application fee + $35 execution fee
- Child Passport Book & Card: $115 application fee + $35 execution fee
Obtaining a U.S. passport for children, adults, and newborns requires following specific steps and providing the necessary documents. It is essential to ensure that all information is accurate and complete to avoid any delays or rejections. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can successfully apply for and obtain a U.S. passport for your child.