What is a temporary resident visa?
A Temporary Resident Visa (TRV), sometimes known as a guest visa, is a legal document that must be carried in your passport to prove that you have fulfilled the requirements for temporary resident entrance to Canada (either as a visitor, a student, or a worker).
Why do you need Temporary Resident Visa (TRV)?
- Those who are neither Canadian citizens nor permanent residents may need a visa in order to enter the country. Also subject to the visa requirement are transient temporary residents in Canada. You can check here.
- You might need an Electronic Travel Authorization if you are not required to have a visa to enter Canada (eTA)
What is the requirement?
You must demonstrate to the officer that you are in Canada temporarily and that you meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations.
- demonstrating to an officer that you will depart Canada after your visit is over,
- demonstrating that you have the resources to support your family in Canada and travel back home.
- not intend to work or study in Canada without being granted permission,
- be law-abiding, have no prior convictions,
- not pose a threat to Canada’s security,
- or good health condition.
How do I apply?
- You may send your application to a Visa Application Center (VAC) that serves your area or apply online.
- for biometrics, At one of Canada’s Visa Application Centers (VAC) locations across the world if you’re not from Canada or the US, In the United States: At one of many Application Support Centers across the U.S, In Canada: As of December 3, 2019, you can go to a designated Service Canada location.
- Include the Document Checklist [IMM 5484] with your application forms and supporting documents, and make sure to fill it out completely. Make sure you include all the supporting documents listed on the Document Checklist.
- An officer will carefully examine your application. The officer will review all of the data you have provided, evaluate it, and determine whether an interview is required. If so, you will be notified of the date, time, and location of the interview.
How to check the status of an application?
- You can check here.