Investor Retirement visa – Australia Visa: How to apply and obtain, Procedure, Documents required?

What is an Investor Retirement visa – Australia Visa?

Visa for Investor Retired Persons (subclass 405). Self-funded retirees without dependents who wish to spend their retirement years in Australia are eligible for this temporary visa.


  • work in Australia for up to 40 hours per fortnight
  • After the initial visa is issued, you are permitted to enter and stay in Australia for four years; thereafter, a new visa is required.
  • Have your spouse travel with you to Australia if they were also granted this visa.
  • For further details check here.


  • a current holder of the Investor Retirement Visa (subclass 405);
  • a former holder of an Investor Retirement visa (subclass 405) who has not had a valid visa since their last visit to Australia.
  • You must be sponsored by a state or territory government organization in Australia (other than the Australian Capital Territory).
  • Certain health requirements must be met. Your health examination’s findings are typically good for a year.
  • You must adhere to certain moral standards. You must be ready to present a police certificate from each nation you have resided in for 12 months or longer over the past 10 years if you are 16 years of age or older.

Procedure to apply

Sending by post

Department of Home Affairs
Specialist Temporary Entry Centre
GPO Box 794
Hobart Tas. 7001

Lodging by courier

Department of Home Affairs
Specialist Temporary Entry Centre
14th Floor, 188 Collins Street
Hobart Tas. 7001

  • The application process requires you to make a specified investment.
  • We will acknowledge receiving your information after you have submitted your application and supporting documentation.

What is the cost?

  • It will cost From AUD385.


Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.