What is a Remaining Relative visa?
People can relocate to Australia with this permanent visa in order to be near their sole immediate family members.
- stay in Australia indefinitely
- work and study in Australia
- enroll in Australia’s public healthcare scheme, Medicare.
- sponsor your relatives to come to Australia
- if eligible, apply for Australian citizenship
- It would help if you were sponsored by an eligible parent, eligible stepparent, eligible sibling, eligible stepsibling, or eligible relative’s partner. We must give sponsorship our approval.
- You won’t be given this visa if you or your partner have a close member who ordinarily resides outside of Australia, or if you have a close relative who lives in Australia illegally, on a temporary visa, or both. Bridging visas are considered temporary visas.
- You must be able to obtain an assurance of support.
- You must be in good health if you and any family members apply for the visa together.
- You must meet our standards for moral behavior, as must any family members who apply for the visa with you.
- You or any family members who owe the Australian Government money must have already paid it back or have a plan in place that has been approved by the government to repay it.
- If you had a visa canceled or denied while you were in Australia, you might not be eligible for this visa.
- The Living in Australia pamphlet must have been read to you or explained to you if you are at least 18 years old.
- If it is not in the best interests of a candidate under the age of 18, we will not issue this visa.
- proof of your identity
- Please include the pages of your existing passport that display your picture, contact information, and the issue and expiration dates.
- Your eligible relative or eligible relative’s partner must sponsor your immigration.
- You can be asked to provide character references, such as police records. Place no orders for police certifications.
- Provide documents of your partner such as identity, character, and other relationships.
- Dependent documents such as identity, character, and other relationships.
Procedure to apply
- Although a valid passport is not required, you must supply information on your most recent passport in order to apply.
- The visa must be requested on paper. When you apply, you must be outside of Australia.
- Complete Form 47OF Application for migration to Australia (615KB PDF).
- Sponsor must complete Form 40 Sponsorship for migration to Australia (442KB PDF).
- Collect and gather all documents.
- After we have received your application and supporting documentation, we will notify you.
What is the cost?
- This visa costs AUD6,625.