What is this Safe Haven Enterprise visa for?
- This visa is intended for travelers who entered Australia without a visa and wish to apply for asylum. If you accept Australia’s protection commitments and comply with all other standards, it allows you to temporarily stay in Australia.
What is this visa for?
- temporarily reside, work, and study in Australia for five years.
- Access government programs and services like Jobactive, Medicare, and Centrelink
- when necessary, and seek out brief therapy for trauma and torture.
- If you qualify, take advantage of the free English language sessions.
- Go abroad to locations other than your own country if you receive our written permission to do so because of compassionate or urgent reasons.
- If you meet the conditions for the Safe Haven Enterprise visa pathway, you may apply for a number of other visas in Australia, such as permanent visas like skilled and family visas (but not a permanent Protection visa).
You might be eligible for this visa if:
- You arrived in Australia illegally
- Be a refugee or meet Australia’s additional protection requirements.
- meet the criteria for identity
- to be permitted to submit a SHEV application.
- We shall determine as part of the application process whether you satisfy Australia’s security criteria for the issuance of a SHEV.
- meet our standards for health.
- Meet our standards for the character.
- Sign the declaration of Australian values if you are over 18 years of age.
- For further information check here.
How long you can stay?
- This is just a short-term visa. It permits a five-year residence in Australia.
How to apply?
- Check if you are eligible, Self-preparing, and submit your application.
- To support your application for this visa, you must supply supporting documentation. The information you supply when you submit your application will be used to determine our response to your application.
- If you already own either, the information below does not apply for a Temporary Protection visa or a Safe Haven Enterprise visa.
- We will send you an acknowledgment letter as soon as we have received your application to let you know.
- In writing, we will inform you of our decision regarding your visa application.
- Log in or create an ImmiAccount
- Then Attach documents
- Make the payment.
- The Transaction Reference Number should be noted.
- Through ImmiAccount, you may track the progress of your application after you’ve submitted it online.
Apply through form
- You may submit a paper application if you are unable to submit your following TPV or SHEV application electronically through ImmiAccount. You must still make an electronic payment for this visa application through ImmiAccount’s “My Payments” area.
- Fill out the application form.
- Submit the application along with documents to the below address:
Department of Home Affairs
GPO Box 9984
SYDNEY NSW 2001
- Applications sent via postal mail to any other address are void.
- You can send your application via registered post, a safe type of mail delivery that enables you to follow the progress of your application.
- No one of our offices will accept applications in person.
What is the processing time?
- We work hard to complete SHEV applications as soon as we can. It will take some time because this process is highly complicated. By replying to any of our inquiries within the allotted timeframes, you can assist.