ENTRY INTO SLOVENIA
EEA citizens and Swiss nationals
A national of another EEA Member State (EEA citizens are nationals of EU Member States, Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein) or Switzerland may enter the Republic of Slovenia with a valid personal identity card or passport, and does not require an entry permit (visa) or residence permit, regardless of the purpose of entering and residing in the Republic of Slovenia (including entry for employment, study, self-employment or residence purposes).
For further assistance, please contact Consular services
T: +386 1 478 2305
F: +386 1 478 2316
Apply for Slovenian Visa
The applicants should submit the application in person at a diplomatic mission or consular post or through an external service provider.
Visa application forms are available at all diplomatic missions and consular posts of the Republic of Slovenia.
Types of Slovenian visa
Slovenian diplomatic missions and consular posts issue two types of visas
- Schengen (type A and C)
- National visas (type D)
Schengen Visa Types
1. Uniform Schengen Visa ( USV)
Schengen Area Member Countries can use this visa to transit or enter into Slovenia.
Validity: 90 days from the entry date.
The countries one can travel to, once he/she holds a Uniform Schengen Visa include: AUSTRIA, BELGIUM, CZECH REPUBLIC, DENMARK, ESTONIA, FINLAND, FRANCE, GERMANY, GREECE, HUNGARY, ICELAND, ITALY, LATVIA, LITHUANIA, LUXEMBOURG, MALTA, NETHERLANDS, NORWAY, POLAND, PORTUGAL, SLOVAKIA, SLOVENIA, SPAIN, SWEDEN, SWITZERLAND.
2. Limited territorial validity visas (LTV)
With LTV Visa, you can be able to travel only in the Schengen State which issued a visa or in some other cases, in the certain Schengen States specifically mentioned when applying for the visa. Apart from these Schengen countries, this specific visa is invalid to any other Schengen country not specified prior. The holder of this type of visa cannot enter or transit through any other Schengen country that is not the first and final destination target.
3. National Visas
This is the visa of ‘D’ category which is for the purpose of education or employment or permanent residence in one of the Schengen countries.
Documents required to apply for Short stay – Slovenian Visa
- Invitation letter and proof of evidence from the company or Industry where you will be going to attend meetings/conference/ any events.
- Entry tickets for any events
- Proof of business activities of the company
- Proof of the applicant’s employment status in the company
If the visa is related to the study purpose or training purpose, you need
- an enrolment certificate from the institution
- student cards or certificates of the courses to be attended.
- Invitation from whom you are going to stay with.
- Travel documents (ticket, passport, visa (if applicable)
- Official letter from the medical institution stated that the purpose of the treatment.
- Proof of sufficient funds to cover all the medical expenses.
Documents required to apply for Long stay – Slovenian Visa
1, Travel document
3, For education/training (from 3 months to 1 year), the documents to be submitted are: Enrolment certificate, Attestation certificate of the payment of fees, certificate of scholarship or certificate attesting sufficient funds, travel health insurance.
4, For sports, the documents to be submitted are:
- certificate issued by a Slovenian sports club or organisation where the third-country national will work/play (entry into the Register of Private Workers in the Field of Sport and the Register of Professional Sports People);
- certificate of a relevant sports organisation in the country of origin regarding the status of professional athlete or sports coach;
- original and its authenticated translation of certificate of no criminal record;
- certificate of sufficient funds (unless evident from other documents);
- travel health insurance.
You can check the above link for the countries who are eligible for visa on arrival, and how to apply and get Student Visa to Slovenia
List of Slovenian consulates and embassies
Check here for the address, number, opening hours and more through the below link.