What is a Student visa – Australia Visa?
A student visa is a type of visa that allows foreign students to study in Australia for a specified period. It is designed for individuals who wish to enroll in a full-time course of study in Australia, such as a university degree, vocational education, or English language course.
- A student visa allows you to study in Australia for a specified period.
- You can work for a maximum of 20 hours per week while you study.
- You can bring eligible family members with you as dependents.
- You must be enrolled in a registered full-time course of study in Australia
- You must meet the English language proficiency requirements
- You must meet the financial capacity requirements
- You must meet the health and character requirements.
- Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) from an Australian educational institution
- English language proficiency test results (such as IELTS or TOEFL)
- Passport or travel documents
- Evidence of financial capacity to support yourself and any dependents during your stay in Australia
- Health insurance coverage
- Character certificate
Procedure to apply
- Apply online through the Australian Government’s Department of Home Affairs website.
- Pay the application fee and provide all required documents.
- Attend an interview at an Australian embassy or consulate (if required).
- You must submit an application that is full and ready for a decision. Applications that are submitted without the necessary supporting documents may be rejected or delayed. What papers to attach is specified on the application form in ImmiAccount.
What is the fee?
- Unless they are excluded, the primary applicant’s visa starts at AUD 650.
What is the processing time?
- 25% of applications in 9 Days
- 50% of applications in 18 Days
- 75% of applications in 39 Days
- 90% of applications in 5 Months
- For further details check here.