What is Taiwan eVisa?
Taiwan eVisa is an electronic visa issued by ROC mission in the overseas which is valid for tourism and visiting purpose to enter in to Taiwan.
Who is eligible for Taiwan eVisa?
- The following nationals are eligible for Taiwan eVisa: Bahrain, Burkina Faso, Colombia, Dominica, Ecuador, Kiribati, Kuwait, Mauritius, Montenegro, Oman, Panama, Peru, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Solomon Islands, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Kosovo and Bosnia-Herzegovina.
- Any foreign nationals who are invited to attend any international conferences or any sport events or trade or other activities happening in Taiwan. Those countries who has invitation must have Ecode from the institution or organization in Taiwan (n.b., not the Bureau of Consular Affairs)
- The nationals of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea who are participating only in the sport event in Taiwan.
- Tourist groups from Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Laos, Myanmar, and Vietnam under “Project for Simplifying Visa Regulations for High-end Group Tourists from Southeast Asian Countries” operated by the competent authority — the Tourism Bureau, Ministry of Transportation and Communication from designated travel agencies.
- Nationals of Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Iran, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka for the purpose of conducting business at the recommendation of local offices of the Taiwan External Trade Development Council (TAITRA).
Documents required and procedures to obtain Taiwan eVisa
- Passport which is valid for 6 months while traveling to Taiwan.
- Identity proof
- Valid credit card
- Once you have applied visa by submitting relevant documents and paid the required fee, your visa will be processed automatically by ROC overseas mission.
- After the visa gets approved, you will get printable copy of eVisa from the visa issuance system of the Bureau of Consular Affairs (BOCA) of the ROC Ministry of Foreign Affairs. You can download and print the visa.
- Keep the visa copy to show at the immigration checkpoint for verification by the National Immigration Agency upon your arrival in Taiwan.
Validity of Taiwan eVisa
Taiwan eVisa Validity: 3 months from the date you are traveling to Taiwan.
Type: Single entry visa
Duration: Maximum 30 days
*It cannot be extended and can be convertible to any other types of Taiwan visa.
Apply Taiwan eVisa here
Application fees for an eVisa
(1) The application fee for an eVisa is NT$1,600. Including the NT$32 processing fee for the online credit card payment, the total amount is NT$1,632.
(2) Citizens of the countries with reciprocal agreements shall be issued eVisas gratis: Belize, Burkina Faso, Colombia, Croatia, Dominican Republic, Fiji ,Gambia, Grenada, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Kiribati, Malawi, Marshall Islands, Nicaragua, Palau, Panama, Peru, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Salvador, Solomon Islands, South Africa, and Swaziland and Turkey.