In South Asia, India is the most populous country. New Delhi, the nation’s administrative capital, was constructed in the twentieth century south of Old Delhi, the city’s historic heart. As a constitutional republic, it is able to represent a wide range of ethnicities and languages. After China, India has the world’s second-largest population. One of the world’s oldest civilizations, India has a rich cultural heritage and a wide range of religions. Since its independence 65 years ago, it has made significant progress in all areas of socio-economic development. It’s easy to apply for India Visa.
For centuries, India’s history and culture have spanned from the dawn of humankind to the present day. Indus River Valley and farming communities in southern India’s hinterland lie the origins of this strange culture.
Why India is famous
- On the global scale, India ranks 7th largest with a land area of 3.29 million square kilometers (km2). UN estimates put the country’s population at 18 percent of the world’s total.
- There are 22 recognized languages in India. India’s constitution specifies the country’s official languages in the eighth schedule. It had 14 languages when it was first released.
- The Statue of Unity, the tallest statue in the world, is located in India. Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel’s statue rises to a height of 597 feet (182 meters).
- Nearly 3,000 tigers are found in the wild in India, which is 70% of the world’s total tiger population.
- One of India’s greatest assets is its historic architecture, which stands as a testament to the country’s rich culture. The number of World Heritage Sites in India ranks among the top 10 countries in the world.
- After submitting an online form, applicants are asked to save their Application Id (automatically generated after the submission of the form).
How to apply online?
- Filling out the online application form
- To complete the process, the applicant must print out the completed application form and sign it before submitting it to the Indian Visa Application Center (IVAC) or directly to the Indian Mission on the scheduled appointment date.
- You can the type of online visa here
Eligibility for applying for India Visa
- International Travellers whose sole objective of visiting India is recreation, sightseeing, casual visit to meet friends or relatives, short duration medical treatment, or casual business visit.
- Passport should have at least six months validity from the date of arrival in India. The passport should have at least two blank pages for stamping by the Immigration Officer.
- International Travellers should have a return ticket or onward journey ticket, with sufficient money to spend during his/her stay in India.
- International Travellers having Pakistani Passport or Pakistani origin may please apply for a regular Visa at Indian Mission.
- Not available to Diplomatic/Official Passport Holders or Laissez-passer travel document holders.
- Not available to individuals endorsed on Parent’s/Spouse’s Passport i.e. each individual should have a separate passport.
- Not available to International Travel Document Holders.
How to apply e-visa
- Upload Photo and Passport Page.
- Using Credit / Debit card / Payment Wallet
- Electronic Travel Authorization/ETA Will be sent to your e-mail
- Print ETA and present at Immigration Check Post where eVisa will be stamped on passport.
- Countries that are eligible for e visas.
Types of visa India Visa
1. e-Tourist Visa
A one-month e-Tourist Visa for a group of tourists.
Duration: One Month (30 Days).
Entries: Single Entry, non-extendable and non-convertible
2. e-Business Visa
Duration: One year (365 days) from the date of grant of ETA
Stay: It is prohibited to stay longer than 180 days in a row during any one visit. If you plan to stay longer than 180 days, you must register with the appropriate FRRO/FRO within two weeks of your initial 180-day stay.
3. e-Conference Visa
Duration: For a period of thirty days (30 days) starting on the day you arrive in India,
4. e-Medical Visa
Duration: After arriving in India, you have 60 days to leave the country.
Duration: 15 days
entry: S/ Double
Duration: 1 year/ period of contract
Document: Proof of employment (appointment document), terms and conditions.
Duration: Period of course/ 5 years
Document: Proof of admission in Indian Institution
Duration: One year, or the length of the internship, whichever is shorter.
Entry: Single, Multiple /Double
Document: Sponsoring organization’s letter clearly stating the duration of the foreign national’s internship in an Indian company/educational institution/NGO
Duration: According to the film’s schedule, or one year, whichever is shorter, the film’s shooting period will be.
Entry: Single, Multiple /Double
Document: Information about film crews that will be in town and where filming will be taking place, as well as information about the show’s or serial’s concept
A letter of intent to shoot the film in India, including the production schedule, cast and crew details, location, and equipment list, as well as other relevant information.
What is the processing time?
Visas are issued by the Indian Mission/Post within three working days of receiving an application through an Indian Visa Application Center or directly from the applicant. This does not include special cases.
What is the visa fee?
The fee varies depending on the type of visa and the length of time it is valid for. It is possible to pay a flat fee, a fee for processing by an outside agency, or any combination of these depending on which type of visa you need.
Best place to visit in India
The Taj Mahal is the most recognizable symbol of Indian culture. Millions of tourists flock to Agra each year to catch a glimpse of the Taj Mahal as it rises from the horizon at sunrise.
In this opulent city, tourists are never far from five-star hotels and fine dining establishments. To see the stunning coastline and Art Deco landmarks without breaking the bank, cruise down Marine Drive for an unforgettable experience.
In addition to Agra and New Delhi, Jaipur is an important stop on the Golden Triangle Tourist Circuit.
Since the Beatles stayed at Maharishi Mahesh Yogi’s ashram in Rishikesh in the late 1960s, which is now an abandoned tourist attraction for fans, Rishikesh has been on the radar for spiritually-minded travelers.
Varanasi, one of the world’s oldest continuously inhabited cities, is regarded as one of India’s holiest places.
Good day madam/sir..
Im a pilipina…i work here in saudi arabia…i want to to go to india..how i will apply for visa…i have a friend to be with me…his indian national…how and how much.thank u for answering…
where i can apply E Visa from uk.before its on online now i cant find that option.please advise.
visitor visa start date