To enter Maldives no pre-arrival visa is required.
A thirty day free visa is issued on arrival for all Nationalities; provided:
- Should posses a valid passport with Machine Readable Zone (MRZ) and should have at least 6 months validity
- Have a valid ticket to continue the journey out of Maldives
- Have enough funds to cover the expenses for duration of the stay in Maldives. (US$100 + $50 dollars per day) or a confirmation of reservation in a Tourist Resort or a Hotel
Caution: Full thirty day visa is not a right of the passenger to claim, but lies at the discretion of the Immigration to issue not more than thirty days and any period less than thirty days.
Renewal of Tourist Visa
A Tourist visa maybe be renewed if the person concerned, applies to the Immigration before the expiration of the visa already granted. Before the extension, Immigration will re-asses the incumbents financial position for the stay period of the extension.
Refusal of Entry
Any person arriving in Maldives maybe refused entry, if the Immigration officer during questioning or interviewing the passenger
- Have reasonable grounds (not necessarily solid proof) that the person is carrying fraudulent travel documents.
- Suspects the apparent intention to the possible disruption of harmony and unlawful activities.
- Has strong anti-semantic religious or political views.