A tourist visa is granted to a foreigner who wants to visit Oman for tourism.
This visa can be used within six months from the date of issuance.
It is a single-entry visa valid for staying in the country for one month from the date of entry.This period is extendable once and for one month only.
Steps to follow to request the service
A. Process Steps:
1. If the application is through an Omani Diplomatic Mission, the official there receives the application, and faxes it to the DG of Passports and Residence.
2. The authorized officer approves the application.
3. If the application is submitted at the border of Oman at an entry point, the competent officer receives the application.
4. If the application is submitted at the DG of Passports and Residence, it should be submitted by the sponsor or his authorized representative.
5. The Visa Officer will approve the application.
6. The data will be saved in the computer.
7. The competent officer cross checks the saved details and compares those details with the existing ones, if any.
8. The visa is issued if there are no other restrictions.
What documents are needed to process
For the visit visa required for people from countries in : Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, Britain, Brunei, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Estonia, Finland, France, French Guiana, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lebanon, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macao (China), Macedon, Malaysia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Paraguay, Suriname, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United States of America, Uruguay, Vatican, Venezuela.
- Any Diplomatic Mission. No need for a sponsor
1. An electronic application form available from the website should be submitted for approval.
2. A copy of the passport valid for at least 90 days.
- All entry points at the boarder lines:
1. A written application form is to be submitted to the competent officer at the entry point.
2. A valid original passport should be submitted provided that its validity is for 90 days.
- DG of Passports and Residence or any Passport Departments all over Oman.
1. A typed application form should be submitted by a sponsor and under his responsibility (a Tourism Company, Tourism Bureau, or a an authorized Hotel which has obtained a licence).
2. A letter approved by the sponsor or his authorized representative requesting the visa for the foreigner.
3. A copy of a valid Commercial Register and a certificate of subscription at the chamber of commerce and industry, and a copy of the specimen of authorized signatory.
4. A copy of a passport of the foreigner valid for 90 days.
5. Two 4×6 photos
For the visit visa required for people from countries in: Australia, Brunei, Dar al-Salam, Canada, French Guiana, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Lebanon, Macao Special Administrative Region of China, Malaysia, New Zealand, Seychelles, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Thailand, Taiwan and United States
- A typed application form should be submitted by a sponsor and under his responsibility (a Tourism Company, Tourism Bureau, or a an authorized Hotel which has obtained a licence).
- A letter approved by the sponsor or his authorized representative requesting the visa for the foreigner.
- A copy of a valid commercial register and a certificate of subscription at the chamber of commerce and industry, and a copy of the specimen of authorized signatory.
- A copy of a passport of the foreigner valid for 90 days.
- Two 4×6 photos.
- A RO 5,000 bank guarantee.
How the service is processed
1. Applications processed through Diplomatic Mission will be sent by fax.
2. Applications processed at the entry points will be given immediately.
3. Applications processed at the DG of Passports and Residence or the Concerned Departments in the Governorates will be processed and the receipt voucher will indicate the time and date of ending the visa.
Fee to be paid:
Fees – RO 6
Fine for each day of delay – RO 10